These Terms & Conditions set out:
- your legal rights and responsibilities;
- our legal rights and responsibilities; and
- certain key information required by law.
In these Terms & Conditions:
- ‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means Lucy Pet Carer Ltd; and
- ‘You’ or ‘your’ means the person using our site to buy services from us.
- If you want to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are
We are Lucy Pet Carer Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number: 14202981. Our registered office is at: Red Lodge, Lucerne Close, Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire, SN4 7JQ. Our VAT number is: 424041442
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri 07:30 – 18:00
Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday 10:00 – 12:00 and 15:00 – 16:00
Annual dates of closure:
Lucy Pet Carer Ltd are closed for drop off and collection on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day and Easter Sunday
Check-in & Check-out
Check-in/check-out is strictly by appointment so that we can provide a personal service for each individual pet
A day’s boarding will count from 07:30 from the day of drop off till 12noon the following day or day of pick up. Check-out appointments made after 12noon on the last day of boarding will incur an additional day charge
Dogs must be always on a lead upon arrival and departure. We accept no responsibility for loss or injury in the reception or car park areas whatsoever.
Annual vaccinations & Parasite prevention
All pets admitted for boarding MUST be accompanied by proof of up-to-date vaccinations. Dogs are not required to have a current vaccination against Kennel Cough*, although if they do have it, they must not come in for a minimum of 2 weeks after administration, for the protection of other dogs boarding at Lucy Pet Carer Ltd
Pets WILL NOT be accepted if not covered by ALL required vaccinations. Please also ensure your pet is up to date with flea and worming treatment
All dogs must be flea/tick/parasite free. Should a dog be observed to have fleas or ticks, a flea/tick bath treatment will be applied and charged to the owner
*Please note that Kennel Cough is a live vaccine and therefore must be given by a vet no less than 2 weeks prior to boarding
Medical Conditions & Medication
We must be informed of any existing medical conditions your pet may have and/or of any prescribed medication so that we can tailor our care to your pet’s specific needs. Our staff are trained in administering medication and injections if necessary
Medication will only be administered with the instructions from a veterinary surgeon which must be clearly labelled on such medication. You agree to bring enough for the duration of the animal’s stay and are liable for the cost of purchasing more if needed and there may also be a charge for the collection or delivery
All animals use the services of Lucy Pet Carer at the owner’s risk, we do not accept any liability whatsoever for any losses or injury. You accept that your dog may become injured or unwell when using our services and we recommend that you arrange your own insurance if not already in place as we do not accept responsibility for any treatment whatsoever for any injury or illness
You agree not to bring your dog here in any capacity if they are showing symptoms or are suspected of a contagious disease. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel bookings of any animal due to ill health and you will still be liable for the cost of the service. You agree to disclose any health issues, veterinary treatment, medication, behavioural issues, traits or vices at the time of booking with an update on arrival
Feeding & Special Diets
Please print and bring all information regarding feeding, food type and specific amounts when coming in for boarding. This must include detailed information regarding any medications needed, how and when to administer with spare available in case of delayed collection. This information needs to come in every time your dog is boarding with us. In the instance the allocated food should run out before collection, we provide grain free kibble at £7 a bag payable on collection and raw food charged at £2 per block
Changes in routine and environment can be stressful to our pets so we recommend maintaining continuity with their diet. We will try to give your pet the equivalent to his/her normal diet
Bedding, Blankets, Toys and Other Belongings
We supply bedding but if you wish to bring your pets own bedding unfortunately, we cannot guarantee its safe return. You may bring in a favourite toy or item of your pet’s. All belongings left on the premises are left entirely at the client’s risk. You accept that such items could be dangerous such as a potential choking hazard and understand that dogs are not always individually supervised
We reserve the right to throw away any belongings that become soiled with urine or faeces, for health and hygiene reasons
We regret that we cannot accept bean bags, crates or excessively large beds. All bedding, blankets, toys and belongings must be clearly marked with the client’s name and pets name
Photo and Video Release
Lucy Pet Carer Ltd hold the rights to use any images or likeness of any dog in our care, in any form, for use at any time, in any media, marketing, advertising, illustration, trade or promotional materials without compensation to the client
License & Insurance
We are licensed and fully insured, and certificates of insurance are displayed in the reception
Illness & Vet visits
In the event of your pet becoming ill or injured, our nominated veterinary surgeons (Purton Vets) are on call 24 hours should your own vet be unavailable. Any vet fees incurred while your pet is boarding with us will remain the responsibility of the pet parent/owner, this will be payable on collection of your dog
If your pet passes away whilst in our care, we will do our utmost to keep his/her body in cold storage so you can make any decisions on your return
You agree to notify us if your entire bitch is due to come in season, is in season or has been in season in the last month so that we can take adequate precautions to protect your pet. You agree that your dog will not be socialised with other dogs if they come in while in season
Right of Refusal
Lucy Pet Carer Ltd reserves the right to refuse admittance to any dog or dismiss any dog that does not meet or maintain the health, temperament, or other day-care/boarding/kennel standards. The determination shall be made solely at the discretion of Lucy Pet Carer Ltd. We reserve the right to refuse entry to any boarders at our discretion and no monies will be refunded
In cases where animals are left that prove to be aggressive towards our staff or destructive to our facilities, we will contact the owner or emergency contact to arrange their removal. The emergency contact provided must be local, able to drive and willing to make full payment on the owner’s behalf. The remainder of the booking is still payable in full. All damage caused by any animal will be chargeable to the owner, including any caused to other pets and we recommend that you take out insurance to cover this
Booking Terms & Payment Fees
All fees for boarding are charged daily, commencing from the day of arrival. If collection is before 12 noon no day-care fee is charged for the last day. Fees are payable either in advance or on departure as agreed at the time of booking. No animal will be released until full payment is made. The dates booked and confirmed on delivery shall be paid in full in the event of early collection. Payment is to be made by card or BACS transfer. All prices are subject to change without notice. A 50% NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE deposit is required to secure all bookings
We ask you to provide certain personal data (e.g., name and contact details) and your pet’s data so that we can run the business of day-care and dog boarding and so that we are able to contact you in the event of an emergency whilst your dog is staying with us. Your data is stored to be available for your dog’s next visit. You can ask at any time for your data to be deleted. Our full GDPR policy can be made available on request.
- If I fail to collect my pet(s) within 14 days of the due date of collection, | give the owner of the above business the authority to re-home my pet(s) without further reference to me, if I have not made arrangements over the phone or in writing for the boarding period to be extended
- I agree to notify Lucy pet carer of any unwelcome, aggressive, procreative, or dangerous behaviour of my dog that has potential to cause harm to any other pet or individual.
- I agree to emergency or non-emergency first aid treatment being given to my dog including CPR.
- If bringing multiple dogs for boarding or day care, you give consent for your dogs to be separated if needed and agree to pay for any additional cost incurred
- I have read and agree to the terms and conditions and understand that while every care will be given to my animal(s), they attend at my own risk. I authorise you to call your designated veterinary surgeon Purton Veterinary Practise or my usual vet on my behalf should you feel it is necessary. I give consent to any medical treatment or procedure by the Vet or us which is felt necessary and understand that I will be liable for any related charges, including those by Lucy Pet Carer.
- I understand that Lucy Pet Carer is a place where dogs mix in groups and I am responsible for the medical treatment of any injuries or illness, including vet costs.
- I understand that if I fail to provide proof of current vaccinations or if my dogs vaccinations are found to be expired, Lucy Pet Carer Ltd has the right to refuse service until current proof is provided.
- I understand that my male dog should be castrated if over 12 months old to enrol day care or boarding at Lucy Pet Carer.
- I understand that my dog has access to a fenced area outside (6 feet) and agree to full liability for damages to property or injury to my dog if my dog escapes.
- Bitches should not be brought in when on heat, but we will not reject them if this happens in our care, owners must appreciate that their dog will not be socialised with other dogs, and will be worked with separately.
- I understand that Lucy Pet Carer is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged toys, leads, collards, beds, tags, clothing or any other item left with my dog.
- I agree to ensure my dog has eaten at least 2 hours before arrival so they have time to digest before all the excitement, I understand failure in doing so could result in bloat.
- I undertake to abide by these terms and conditions on every occasion that my pet(s) is/are boarded on these premises
- I consent to photos being taken of my pet(s) and for them to be posted on social media
* These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice from time to time at our sole discretion
** I consent to the email address provided being used part of Lucy Pet Carer Ltd mailing list
*** I consent to the phone numbers provided being stored and used to contact me in relation to my pets boarding